11th Webinar – PQ Audit – The right choice to ensure power system performance
Published Date: Thursday 23rd February, 2017
Today’s IoT driven and power electronics based economy relies on electric power to fuel its growth. Increasingly, power quality impacts the bottom line of commercial power users. Without the proper power, an electrical device (or load) may malfunction, fail prematurely or not operate at all. There are many ways in which electric power can be of poor quality and many more causes of such poor quality power.
The quality of electrical power may be described as a set of values of parameters such as continuity of supply, variation in voltage magnitude, transient voltages & currents, harmonic content in the AC power, etc. All these unwanted and unnoticed parameters can lead to retarding energy efficiency effort, increase power consumption, heating of equipment & wiring, malfunction or even damage. Hence, PQ Audit will help in diagnosis of any on-going energy losses due to poor PQ or any safety concern for equipment life as an occupational safety.
PQ Audit will help in assessing the problems like mapping power quality environment, low power factor, prevent wastage of energy, harmonic resonance/distortion, transformer overheating, load unbalancing etc. By using PQ audit, one can identify potential problems, plan and take corrective measures, and prevent facility downtime, saving both time and money.
This webinar brings experts representing the perspectives of PQ auditor and utility to share their experiences on the following topics:
- Importance and benefits of conducting PQ audit
- Techniques & measures by PQ Auditor to reduce the impact of poor PQ
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar brings experts representing the Utility & PQ auditor perspectives to share their experiences on the following topics:
Importance and benefits of conducting PQ audit
Techniques & measures by PQ Auditor to reduce the impact of poor PQ
Our Key Speakers
Mr. Lalit Wasan,, Head – Power System Control, TPDDL
- Top PQ issues faced by Indian utilities and its impact on utility’s operation
- Monetary loss has been incurred by utility due to poor PQ
- Observation and challenges of envisaging PQ Audit in bringing change in improving system performance
Mr. Rajen Mehta, PQ and Energy Consultant, Efficienergi Consulting Pvt. Ltd
- Importance of PQ Audit in this digital / electronics driven era and its key benefits
- Benefits of PQ Audit to different stakeholders i.e.utilities, manufacturers, customers (industrial)
- Uptake of PQ Audit in India, considering that awareness of PQ issues itself is at nascent stage
- Any case study highlighting the importance of timely PQ audit and resulting in significant savings
Straight from the Experts. Download the Webinar Q&A